With turnkey manufacturing, one company oversees all aspects of a project from beginning to end, including product design, machining/tooling, quality assurance, vendor interactions, manufacturing, packing and shipping. This does not mean that one company does all of the work in-house, turnkey refers to one company serving as a project manager to successfully bring your project to completion.
The Benefits of Turnkey Manufacturing
Turnkey manufacturing offers customers many advantages, including:
Shorter Production Times
When different companies work on the same project, there is a greater chance for miscommunication and organizational issues that contribute to long lead times. You can avoid these problems with turnkey manufacturing.
All facets of production are handled by one company. With a more streamlined communication process and better task coordination, turnkey manufacturers produce your items more precisely and in less time. With shorter production times, your products will be delivered faster, improving your reputation and increasing your profits.
Your design and manufacturing processes must be in sync to ensure the best results. When multiple companies are involved in creating your product, details are more likely to get lost in translation, and it can be challenging to make adjustments in the middle of the process. A fragmented manufacturing process can also cause discrepancies in quality with less accountability.
When you use a turnkey manufacturer, their design and manufacturing departments are centrally located for better, faster communication and coordination, allowing changes to be handled with greater ease and accuracy. The level of quality you are looking for is set from the start, and the turnkey company can provide better assurance of that quality across departments.
Many turnkey companies offer discounted rates for your level of investment in their services. When you work with individual specialty companies, it can be harder to get the same direct cost savings as when you work with a turnkey company.
You also receive indirect cost savings from the quicker production turnarounds and consolidated billing processes associated with turnkey manufacturers.
Our Turnkey Capabilities
At PBZ, we have expertise beyond metal. We also work with numerous other materials, such as plastic, leather and wood. We can act as a project manager with your vendors, or we can access a large network of vendors that we work with directly, or a combination of the two. Whatever your needs may be, we offer the flexibility to accommodate them.
When you partner with us, you can choose from contract manufacturing or full-service solutions. Rely on us for:
- Design. Our team of welders, fabricators and engineers use advanced tools and technologies to produce 2D and 3D models to bring your design vision to life.
- Fabrication. We fabricate your materials with services ranging from welding to 3D laser cutting so we can find the perfect method to create your product.
- Finishing services. We provide coatings and finishes for improved protection and durability, including powder coatings and pretreatment preparation.
- Assembly and value-added services. We offer complete assembly services for metal, steel, electronics and numerous other types of components.
- Shipping and logistics. We handle all your shipping needs for a streamlined process and increased profits.
Get in touch with us today to find out more about our comprehensive services and to request a free quote.