PBZ Manufacturing is an experienced aluminum fabrication shop serving a variety of projects and industries. Our process involves specialized techniques, such as:
- Computer-aided design (CAD) software: Our knowledgeable CAD professionals design and evaluate accurate 2D and 3D models to craft and optimize parts for fabrication.
- Computer numerical control (CNC) machining: CNC machining helps us produce quality components from digital models. Our equipment creates complex, intricate parts with high accuracy and consistency.
- 2D flat laser cutting: Our efficient 2D flat laser cutting services use the most up-to-date technology to cut aluminum, steel and other materials.
- 3D tube laser cutting: Our 3D tube laser cutting services help us develop parts with high efficiency, delivering results that conventional laser cutting methods can’t emulate.
Read on to learn more about our aluminum fabrication process and the different applications of this material.
What Industries Use Fabricated Aluminum?
Aluminum’s soft, lightweight and durable nature makes it a popular solution for a range of applications. It’s cost-effective and versatile, easily molding into a variety of shapes. Various industries rely on aluminum fabrication, such as:
- Automotive: The automotive industry uses aluminum to build lightweight vehicle components, like transmission parts, engine parts and car frames. Aluminum also helps develop spare parts for automotive maintenance and repair applications.
- Health care: Aluminum parts are used to manufacture various health care equipment, such as hospital beds, ventilation devices, cabinets and testing devices.
- Telecommunications: Telecommunications applications like control rooms, masts, instrument enclosures and data center storage often use fabricated aluminum parts.
- Energy and power distribution: The power distribution industry uses aluminum parts for corrosion resistance in transformers, junction boxes, utility products, electronic enclosures and control rooms.
The Aluminum Fabrication Process
The aluminum fabrication process can vary by the part’s complexity, dimensions and desired end use. However, it generally involves a combination of these steps:
- Forming: The forming stage involves rolling, bending or stamping aluminum into specific shapes. The predetermined shape is typically designed with CAD software. A bending machine helps bend the material, while a stamping press machine helps stamp it into shapes.
- Welding: During welding, we use a special torch to melt and bond the aluminum pieces to the desired shape.
- Cutting: We use a special cutting tool attached to a CNC machine to cut through the metal. Some different types of aluminum cutting techniques include plasma and laser cutting.
- Hole making: In some cases, a piece of fabricated aluminum requires holes of varying lengths and diameters, depending on its desired features. Techniques like drilling, boring and tapping can be used to create the hole.
- Finishing: Once fabrication is complete, we can proceed with final assembly and finishing to ensure the product is ready for use. Depending on the project’s specifications, finishing might involve durable powder coating to prevent damage or deburring to remove minor surface defects.
Choose PBZ Manufacturing for Aluminum Fabrication Services
If you’re searching for aluminum fabrication near you, look no further than PBZ Manufacturing. We’re a full-service metal manufacturer with capabilities in resourceful manufacturing, engineering, assembling and shipping.
Whatever your industry or unique metal fabrication needs are, we can work with you to craft high-quality parts that meet your project specifications. Request a free quote for our aluminum fabrication services today!