As a truck or trailer manufacturer, you need reliable, strong metal components that offer optimal performance on the road and serve your customers well. PBZ Manufacturing is a full-service, Pennsylvania-based metal manufacturer. We are a one-stop shop for metal product engineering, finishing, assembling and shipping.
Serving a variety of applications — including truck bodies and trailers — you can trust our knowledgeable staff to handle your metal fabrication needs.
Why Choose PBZ for Trailer Welding and Fabrication?
We are a single-source metal manufacturing services provider, meaning you don’t have to turn to multiple companies to handle each process. You can skip the extra steps, costs and complications of an extensive supply chain. Enjoy shorter project completion times and accurate products customized to your project needs, size and scope. Here are some other benefits we deliver:
- D1.1-certified welders
- Dependable customer service and guidance
- Staff trained on the latest tools, techniques and technologies
Metal fabrication involves manufacturing metal pieces so they conform to specific shapes. These components can then be used to manufacture larger parts and structures, such as trucks and trailers. Metal fabricators use numerous processes like bending, pressing, rolling, welding and finishing to manipulate the material. Below are the three primary stages of metal fabrication.
Based on your specifications, we use computer-aided design (CAD) software to design 2D and 3D part prototypes. Using CAD software lets us detect flaws or errors early and address them at this step — rather than having issues develop later in the process. We can also experiment with different materials to see what will work best to create a functional and stable product.
During fabrication, we cut and shape the part per the specifications established during planning and design. Our team carefully considers the product’s requirements during fabrication, ensuring accurate material, size, shape and detailing. We use various equipment and techniques to form different shapes and dimensions, such as:
- Tube bending
- TIG and MIG welding
- 2D flat laser cutting
- 3D tube laser cutting
- Press brakes
3. Assembly and Finishing
After fabrication, the product is ready for assembly and finishing. We typically use these standard finishing processes:
- Deburring: Deburring removes minor surface imperfections from the metal. It helps smooth rough edges and eliminate excess material.
- Powder coating: A thick, durable powder coating helps strengthen the metal’s surface and prevent damage and corrosion. It also creates a more attractive appearance. We offer powder coating in a wide array of colors.
Types of Truck and Trailer Projects We Handle
PBZ Manufacturing can work with you to design and manufacture durable metal vehicle parts. Here are some examples of projects we can assist you with:
- Bumper: An aluminum front bumper is durable and lightweight, providing additional protection without the extra weight.
- Fender: Aluminum and stainless steel are popular solutions for truck and trailer fenders. An aluminum fender offers a lightweight design, reducing stress on the engine and tires and boosting fuel efficiency. It’s also highly rust- and corrosion-resistant. Stainless steel is heavy and incredibly resistant to warping and denting. It’s easily weldable, making the fender easy to repair if needed.